Sunday, March 22, 2015

I finally found my lost voice

Somewhere about a year and a half ago, I lost my voice. Not my actual speaking voice because that's been going strong ever since. But instead I lost my writing voice, which to me is as important as my speaking voice because it took away a ginormous piece of me.

Now this loss wasn't from unknown reasons. I have had a rough time. My father passed away, I was still getting used to married life, I switched jobs to an albeit super stressful but more rewarding job. Along with all this my writing voice vanished. I just didn't have it. Of course it made me even more depressed than I already was. So I pretty much gave up. Gave up my novel writing and my blog.

But lately I felt the scratchiness of a healing voice. I also felt the desire to write which had long since been absent. And that made me happy and gave me something to look forward to. It's one thing I can do for me. It doesn't require anyone else. It doesn't cost anything and I can do it anywhere and any time. But mainly it's for me. It's something good for me.

So I'm back. My crazy life hasn't changed much. Although I have a husband now, another boxer dog making two, and a cat. And a teenager. I don't know who is more challenging but I'm sure you'll hear about how I try and deal with them.

Wow. It feels good to have gotten my voice back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AR and his usual awesomeness!

the world's greatest picture

the world's greatest picture

life around here

life around here

Total Pageviews